Spot UV Gloss Effect on a Digital Print! by Evan Perry
To achieve Spot UV Gloss Effects on our new Xerox 800 is easy, just follow these 6 steps if you are working in InDesign.
AlphaGraphics West Valley will even do it for you or walk you though it if need be!
- Create a layer above all others, call it clear.
- Create a spot color, name it exactly: Clear.
- The color can be anything, to make it obvious, use 100% magenta (has to be designated as spot!).
- The objects that are to beclear spots need to be 100% of Clear (the spot color) and on the Clear layer, above all else.
- The objects need to have their attributes assigned to Overprint, for either the fill or stroke, depending on the art.
- Export your document to a PDF and include the Acrobat layers, with no color conversion, no spot conversion, and include all tags, rgb and cmyk.
For more explanation and ideas, checkout this link by Xerox--2013-09-04 19:46:22